Mommy and Baby Bear

Mommy and Baby Bear

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Confessions....

This Friday's confession is a bit late. Earlier today my baby bear began throwing up which has, in the past hour, turned into diarrhea :(. So with pedialyte sippy cup in one hand, and a saltine in the other, he is quietly sitting next to me while Team Umizoomi talks about the library. Which leads me to today's confession:

I feel absolutely helpless when my son is sick!

With their bodies being so small and fragile, there's just not much you can give them to make all the "ouchies" better. Especially the lovely viruses that have to "run it's course", three words I dread hearing from his pediatrician. Like any parent, when my little one isn't feeling so hot, my first response is to do whatever it takes to make it all better. Unfortunately, I'm discovering that sometimes there is nothing you can do...or is it? I think today I've learned how much it helps to have mommy or daddy near when baby doesn't feel good. I was lucky enough to already be off work and I think it gave my son comfort, even at his young age, to know that mommy was right there. With mommy and Nana at his every beckon call, today didn't turn out so bad for baby bear :).
What special things do you do for loved ones when they aren't feeling well? I'm back to mommy nurse duty :), everyone have a fantastic weekend!!

 A cutie pie even when he's under the weather :). Thank God for saltines and pedialyte!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment