Mommy and Baby Bear

Mommy and Baby Bear

Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Confessions

This blog wouldn't be "confessions of a mod mommy" without confessions, right? Each Friday, I'm going to try and post one confession. My goal is to be totally transparent in hopes that I may help others who read this. Today's confession:



I weigh 205lbs.

Some may read and wonder why I would choose this as a confession. Well, for one it's the hardest thing to admit and it's something I am ashamed of. After having my son, I lost quite a bit of weight. Once I stopped nursing, I picked the weight back up and then some. I noticed myself still eating as if I was still nursing, I even noticed my regular jeans not fitting quite as nice...lol. I'm not comfortable in my skin at the moment, but I refuse to blame it on "baby weight". I take full responsibility for being overweight.

my 1st Mother's Day

But...

I don't just want to lose weight, I want to be healthy too. My concern and urgency for shedding the pounds goes beyond just wanting to feel good about the way I look. I have an amazing little boy in my life who is going to grow into an even more amazing man...I want to be around to share in his later life milestones as much as I am his younger ones! I've set a goal to lose at least 40lbs by August. How will I do it, you ask?

1. More fresh veggies and fruits
2. Cutting out carbs after 8pm
3. Taking "move it, groove it" breaks :)
4. Walking/Jogging
5. Dark chocolate!
6.Using brown rice, whole wheat pasta, greek yogurt and other healthy substitutions
7. Creating an evening (at home) workout routine

This list isn't complete, it's just the beginning. I'm super excited about this lifestyle change and enjoying many happy, healthy years with my family and friends :). More suggestions???..Lay them on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment