Mommy and Baby Bear

Mommy and Baby Bear

Monday, January 16, 2012


This past weekend was my sister and future brother-in-law's engagement dinner! Bear and I had an awesome time. One thing I've discovered about eating out with a small child is they don't usual eat what you order for them. All he wanted was BREAD, lol! My child is a definite carb-a-holic and if I can't get him to eat anything else, a piece of bread is always welcome. When it comes to food, I really try to pic my battles ( one of many valuable lessons I have picked up along the way), so instead of refusing to give him what he wants I try to remix it. I switch up types of bread, I use my food processor to create spreads with veggies, spinach does great, in the middle. How do you handle your little (picky) eater?

Mod Mommy Mela

3 comments:

  1. For Rocko and the cats, I hide things in cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome topic!!!

    Well both my boys eat really well. I am lucky and must say that both boys love veggies and fruit but when it comes to eating meat it's a struggle (my little vegans in the making). I find that when they refuse the meat option I just give them two good spoonfuls of peanut so that they still get their protein and also they always love plain grilled boneless chicken breast.

    Everyday I also give them a multi vitamin and omega-3.

    You can also try to freeze things (the hard cold texture gives them something different for their buds)- they love frozen blueberries, grapes, etc and they love dipping things so they eat carrots with hummus or low fat ranch, celery with peanut butter,chocolate almond spread with whole wheat crackers or preztels (one of my favs ...hehe)....and last but not least they LOVE smoothie "milkshakes" I put all sorts of fruit and veggies (yes veggies- carrots, spinach, broccoli are untraceable once you add yogurt and fruit), with flaxseed mill, a little honey to sweeten- delicious and they can just drink their good stuff right down!!


    Good LUCK! and have fun experimenting!!!

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I have a blender and I definitely need to put it to better use!! We're going to try the frozen grapes this week too. Thanks gals for the suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete