Mommy and Baby Bear

Mommy and Baby Bear

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Confessions...

I'm currently jamming to "Beautiful Day", enjoying the early spring that has sprung upon us. Baby bear is napping soundly, laundry is done, I have my dinner meal all planned out...life is just super sweet! So let's get to this week's confession:

My child has a favorite tv show!

Yes, yes I know that it's not recommended for children under the age of 2 to watch television. But let's face it, there are times when the "tube" is on and it doesn't take much for your little one to get hooked. Nick Jr has some of the best educational cartoons, hence Bear developing a love for Team Umizoomi, and I do allow him to watch the show sometimes. Now don't get me wrong, I don't allow the tv to watch my child or anything. I spend alot of time singing songs, reading books, going outside/to the park, coloring, etc with Milo everyday. He loves music and alot of times we will listen to his cds throughout most of our day. Still, there are times like when I'm starting dinner, or throwing a load in the washer or dryer when he gets to use his "mighty math powers" with his favorite Team Umizoomi characters.

So does a little tv here and there make me a bad parent?...of course not! I feel like as long as you balance it out, as long as most of your time with your babies is spent interacting with them and enhancing their daily development, then it's really not a big deal. Agree or disagree, either way it works for this Mod Mommy :).

TGIF!
Mod Mommy Mela



No comments:

Post a Comment